April 22 – Earth Day
Rally begins at City Hall. Join us on the river side of the building for a barrier-free rally. Presenters include:
- Jay Gage, Sault Ste. Marie City Commissioner and our Master of Ceremonies
- Adel Easterday, Native American storyteller and longtime teacher, now retired
- Dr. Michael Doyle, evolutionary botany, sustainability, renewable systems expert and retired professor
- Dr. Tom Pleger, LSSU president and anthropology and archaeology expert
- Bill Mourufas, LSSU Political Science student
- John Griffin, Little Traverse Conservancy
- Ava Brzuchalski, Pickford Schools student and EUP Science and Engineering Fair winner
- Roger Blanchard, Sierra Club
- Janet Hess, masters level psychotherapist, focused in brain research
March begins! It’s a mostly-level .07-mile circular route, ending back at City Hall. Check it out on the map .
Wheelchairs are available to borrow. If you need one, please email MarchForScienceSault@gmail.com before April 22.
Marchers must stay on the sidewalk on Portage from City Hall to Ashmun Street. After Ashmun, everyone may walk in the right-hand lanes.